Have you checked out your classroom blog?
The teachers have been working diligently in learning the new skill to post blogs. Our goal, is to make sure that parents and families feel connected to their child's school and know what their little one is learning every week. For more tips on how to talk about your child's day:
Spreading St. Peter butter & Love
The Kindergarten class is getting a head start on helping out the food pantry at St. Peter Claver Parish. Regardless if your child attends the Kindergarten class, anyone can help! Here is a list of items needed to help out!
The students in Room 2 visited the church last week and noticed a cradle set up in the entryway of the church. They were moved by the act of helping families in need that they are asking others to help bring in items needed for the RAIN Project.
Finding ways in Sparking a brighter candle of Faith in your family? St. Peter Claver Faith Formation is hosting a series of Advent Classes, $5 per session, to Learn from our past, Living in the Present, and Looking Toward the Future. Click here for more info.
Attention All Parents: Creating baskets for our Auction Night can be a big deal. Families and guests love to bid on these and it all has to do with the content that is inside of them. Please bring NEW items BY FRIDAY NOVEMBER 4TH. If you do not have time to go out and purchase in the store, you can always find things on amazon.com and have it shipped to us! Items may be donated from your company or business of the family, or a friend. We need your help in bringing in items that meet the theme that is set up for your classroom:
ROOM 1: SPORTS
Help bring in any type of sports equipment, coolers, water bottles, gator-aide, jerseys, sport team memorabilia, folding chairs, towels, blankets, fit bit, bicycle, scooter, sport related munchies or gift cards for healthy eateries the list can go on and on!
ROOM 2: FAMILY GAME NIGHT OR CHRISTMAS
For game night fun bring in board games, card games, puzzles, video games or consoles, small electronic games, gift cards to game stop or for apps, and pizza delivery spots. For the Christmas themed basket, you can bring in Elf on a shelf, ornaments, Christmas or holiday books, hot cocoa and mugs, blankets, dura-flames, Christmas DVD's, scarfs, hats, mittens, and so much more!
ROOM 3: ALL THINGS DISNEY
Need more info? Please bring in plush items, movies, toys, gift cards, literally almost anything goes that is Disney related!
ROOM 4: GIFT CARD CENTRAL
Restaurants, Bakeries, Spas, Movie Theaters, Things to do, retail, ANY AND ALL-WE WILL TAKE IT!
Youth ministry: Trunk or Treat!
Looking for a fun, safe, and weekend way to celebrate Halloween, come on over to our parish's youth ministry! Food, drinks, candy, and a haunted house, all here for families to enjoy!
::::::::::::DATELINE - SPC::::::::::::
Are you feeling a bit confused about what you should be doing to contribute to our annual Casino Night? Has the list of things started to blur, making mush in your head when you start to think about dates? Do you feel out of touch with that packet you got way back when? Below is a listed timeline of what things are due, and how to do those things:
- Ad's & Dedications Due November 4th: Ad or Dedication pages may be purchased by business owners or service providers, or parents who are wishing their little one a special school year. This space is placed in our program that is passed out at Casino Night, and is expected to reach about 300 people. If you sale a spot, or are deciding to purchase a spot, please fill out this form and let the office know. Pricing:
- $200 -Full page- 8.5 x 11 inches
- $100 -Half page- 8.5 x 5.5 inches
- $75 -Quarter page- 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- $50 -One Eighth page- Business Card Size
- Ticket Tuesday Due November 22nd: At the beginning of the school year, you paid $70 for two entrance tickets for our event. These are available for pick up in the office. If you are passing your tickets on to someone else, please let us know. You are always welcomed to sell more tickets to family, friends, neighbors and coworkers!
- $35 -Entrance Ticket: Includes Dinner, One Drink, and $100 gaming chips
- $5 -Main Raffle: Enter for MacBook Air Computer, iPad Mini, or Apple iWatch -NO ATTENDANCE REQUIRED TO WIN
- $1 -50/50 Raffle: CASH prize split between the winner and School -NO ATTENDANCE REQUIRED TO WIN
- $50 Buy In: Texas Hold'em Tournament, includes $500 in poker chips and 2 drinks
- Bottles O'Wine Due November 28th: At any time you may bring in bottles of wine to the school! Any bottles help! Wine valued at $20 or more will go towards our "Wine Pull". For this event at the Casino Night, for $20 attendees can pull on a cork and get a surprise bottle of wine, if you buy two corks for $40, you are automatically entered for a trip (two adults, two kids) to Cancun!
Photo No-Go Show?
Last week it was posted in the Claver Chronicle, some options from LIfeTouch. Besides the input from my staff, I only heard from about two parents for the preference of a background. Either way, I have decided to not go with LifeTouch this second go around, due to slower turn around and the lack of professionalism in their photography (#sorrynotsorry). I have touched base with another local photographer to redo our class photos and to take holiday individual pictures!
Dates & Details:
November 2-3 : Class Photo
November 9-10 : Individual Pictures - Free Dress
More information about times and appropriate clothes to wear, soon to come!
::::Reminder - NO SCHOOL 10/17/16::::
That is this coming Monday.
Teachers and I will be teaming to keep our program well planned!