This Week Review:
The school office is slowing bouncing back from our Casino Night. There are a few bidders we are still trying to catch up with, and hopefully Mary and I will have reports gathered by next week. If you are a PAB member or a parent who was asked by a member to make a purchase to be reimbursed, please turn in any and all receipts as soon as possible. Thank you for those who picked up tablecloths to wash, please have them back in by Wednesday.
Some families, including myself are still also bouncing back with being to school at 8:30. Please remember that school starts at that time, and it is important to be here on time. If you are running late, please communicate that with your teacher. If your child is out sick, please again communicate that with your teacher.
Thursday, we had our Holiday Puppet show! The kids enjoyed every second of it! We got to meet an Elf, Rudolph, the Abominable Snowman, and we even facetimed Santa! Our take away from this skit, was that the Christmas spirit is all about LOVE!
ALL THINGS ADVENT
As I walk down the hall way, I hear all of the different songs that the children are practicing for Tuesday's Advent Program. I am sure that you and your family will be delighted to see your little one up on the alter performing! Here are some things to remember for this special day:
- DOORS OPEN AT 5:30: There will be no seat saving, it is first come first serve. The Caron family and the Cabal family will have their pews reserved as they are the winners of the action.
- PROGRAM WILL BE RECORDED: Tuesday night's program will be recorded. That means that during the performance, please refrain from recording or photos with your phone, ipad, etc. After the performance you may take pictures. If you would like to purchase a copy of the dvd recording, please fill out the order form and have it turned in by Tuesday!
- WE ARE STILL IN A CHURCH: Please be respectful of the church, no food or drinks inside, no children running, be mindful of others, and the pews.
- EXTENDED CARE CLOSED AT 5PM
- Please bring your children over to their classrooms at 5:30pm so that they have time to practice with their class. The program will start at 6pm, and should go until 6:45.
- At the end of the performance, for pick up, children will be with their class on either side of the alter. Rooms 1 and 4 will be on the left side (if facing the alter) and Rooms 2 and 3 will be on the right.
SECRET SANTA LETTERS
Hi all, trying not to go too into detail, please remember that the Santa Letter that you received is due back no later than Monday, December 12th!
Please keep out of reach from children that are readers!
NEW TEACHER FLOATER!
Have you noticed a new face in the staff lounge, outside and inside the school and classrooms? That is because we were able to fill our floater teacher position! Please welcome Mrs. Martha D'Errico to the team. Her bio will be soon to follow in our staff tab on the website. Just a little about Martha, she comes to us from Gymboree, and before that she has filled many other early education positions. She has a little one in room 3 and lives here in Simi Valley!
CLEARED TO VOLUNTEER
We have dates set in January for fingerprinting and virtus training, please mark your calendar:
FINGERPRINTING: January 20th, in the Youth Center from 12noon to 7pm.
VIRTUS TRAINING: January 21st, in the Church Hall in english and spanish!
PLEASE CONTACT MARY TO BOOK YOUR SPOT