SERVICE HOURS AWAIT...
There are many things happening around the parish this month, some of which could benefit from the help of our school parents. You can earn volunteer hours, be a part of the broader community outside of our school, and feel a sense of connection to the ministries of our church!
- Faith Formation: Is hosting "Sock-Tober"! Bring in new socks and drop them in the bins located in the front entrance/vestibule of the Church. These socks will be donated to the homeless who are in need something clean and cozy to keep their feet warm during the cold months to come! :::::LABOR NEEDED::::: Every Sunday morning at 6:30am Faith Formation is in need of help setting up tables and chairs. This is a sure and easy way to earn volunteer hours! Please contact Bianca for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Ministry/Middle School Ministry: Bags of individually wrapped and party favor-type toys are being collected for the upcoming Trunk or Treat Halloween celebration! Again, you can drop these off in the bins located in the front entrance/vestibule of the Church. :::::LABOR NEEDED::::: Do you have a creative spirit? Do you like setting up haunted houses? Help is needed on Saturday Oct. 28th from 4:00-6:00pm or 6:00-8:00pm or Sunday from 11:30-12:40pm or 4:00-6:00pm to set up and clean up! Contact Youth Ministry for more information: email@example.com
- Holiday Boutique: Calling all bakers! If you are someone who enjoys baking you can help create our delicious cinnamon rollsthis year's upcoming Holiday Boutique! Homemade baked goods are also needed for the Bake Sale table. Again, this is another way to earn volunteer hours! For more information please contact Teresa 805-526-6499
- Knights of Columbus: The Knights are hosting a Golf Event at Moorpark Country Club. If you are a golfing fan and enjoy the sport, sign up and support a great cause. The tournament will benefit various charities throughout Ventura County and the "Get on the Bus" campaign which helps bring children to visit their incarcerated parents.
- :::::::::DIRT DIRT DIRT:::::::: Mrs. Angela Meyer needs your help! We have dirt that we need to move from one garden, to our school garden! If you are interested in shoveling and wheeling dirt, please contact Mrs. Meyer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-526-2244
If you missed the opportunity to order class portraits, now is the time!
Jennifer Carrillo from Bella Rosa Photography has added an extension for all families who missed the order date. If you would like to order STUDENT CLASS PORTRAITS/FALL PICTURES, you have until Thursday 10/19/17 to turn in your order forms.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU INDICATE AT THE TOP OF THE ORDER FORM IF IT IS SCHOOL OR FALL PICTURES THAT YOU INTEND ON ORDERING.
STUDIO MOVIE GRILL
Thanks for all who showed up; your presence means the world to us! By supporting our school, we made $365 that will be put toward our fundraising events.
OUR NEXT EVENT!
Our next PAB sponsored in-house field trip is "ANIMAL TRACKS". There will be an animal show with live animals, Friday October 27th at 10:00am.
Our next PAB sponsored event is "ANIMAL TRACKS". There will be an animal show with live animals, Friday October 27th at 10:00am.
HARLEY'S VALLEY BOWL
The PAB has made a big effort to plan more social events for the families to get together, get to know one another and begin to set up play dates and build upon new friendships. This Friday, join families for a fun night of bowling!
Please note that funds are due on the 18th. This is so that we know how many lanes to reserve.
ThE GrEaT ShAkE oUt!
October 19th at 10:19am, the entire school will be participating in the Great Shake Out - an earthquake drill! Students will learn how to Drop, Cover, and Hold On! Please have a conversation with your little ones about what to do, what to expect, and how you can prepare at home. For more information visit: https://www.shakeout.org/index.html
Supporting our "Big Sister School"!
St. Rose of Lima will be holding their fundraiser this Wednesday 10/18/17 at Toppers Pizza! Look out for flyers to come!
HALLOWEEN PARADE AND CARNIVAL!
This year the Halloween celebration will be looking a little bit different this year. Our Parade and Carnival will be on only ONE day, Halloween. If your child does not typically attend on Tuesdays, your child is still invited to come for the festivities.
Please make sure that your child is with you at all times, and that you only stay for the events.
Starting at 9am, children will parade through the classrooms, and then over to the parish office to show off their costumes to Father Riz, Father Adrian, and the rest of the parish staff. Following the parade, each classroom will have time in the Youth Center for the Carnival!
CARNIVAL TIMES AND CLASSROOMS:
WHAT ABOUT VOLUNTEERS?:
The Archdiocese asks that volunteers be fingerprinted and Virtus trained. This is our first big event and we have many people wanting to volunteer - for which we are very grateful. Every volunteer must sign the Archdiocesan Guidelines and must sign in with a visitor badge. If a visitor/volunteer would like to come back to volunteer in the future, YOU MUST BE FINGERPRINTED AND VIRTUS TRAINED.
-If you need more clarification on this, please email me: email@example.com, call, or come talk to me in the office!
IF YOU MISSED OUR FINGERPRINTING AND VIRTUS TRAINING YOU'RE IN LUCK!
I am in the process of setting up a special Virtus training session for an evening in November. More details to come!
OUT ON THE PLAZA!
This weekend, our school was out on the plaza after every mass. We wanted to share with our parish family about our school, and all of the amazing programs we have to offer! Thank you to the teachers who spent their weekend at school and thank you for the parent volunteers who helped share their love of our school to others!
NOVEMBER 1ST ALL SAINTS DAY!
As you know on November 1st, the school will be going over to the church for a para liturgy in celebration of All Saint's Day. All and any families are invited to attend, we will begin at 9:00am. Father Riz and Father Adrian would like to encourage children to dress as any saint of choice to celebrate the day!