Father Adrian said it best as Lent is to remind us that God is lending us our bodies, and from dirt we were breathed and in our final days, to dirt we will return. The ashes are nothing but a simple reminder, a symbol of what we are borrowing and the life that we have is precious.
Thank you for the families that were able to attend our school's Lenten prayer service in the church. I could no be more proud at how well the children attended to Father Adrian and the answers and questions they had.
If you have not done so already, I encourage you to talk to your child about Lent, and what are they able to sacrifice for 40 days and nights? Could it be cookies, t.v., video games, not fighting with a sibling, or could it be something that they add in their life for lent? Like helping to clear the table, saying "please" and "thank you".
Step Up Day
This past Friday, the Kindergarteners were able to take a field trip over to St. Rose of Lima (our sister school). Children and parents were able to meet the principal Dr. Jane Quinn, and the first grade teachers. While parents toured the school and asked in depth questions, the children were able to visit the first grade classroom, pair up with a first grader to do a quick lesson, and then participate in a fun P.E. activity!
Dr. Seuss Day
I am sure that you have had a chance to see the posts from the class blogs, but the children had a blast celebrating Dr. Seuss' Day. Pajamas, silly stories, goodies, singing and dancing were all part of the fun that these children had on such a special day. If you are missing out on owning a Dr. Seuss book, please google "Dr. Seuss books" and you will find a plethora of books available!
:::::::Things coming up this week:::::::
- TUESDAY: March 7th is our Tapo Canyon Shopping Center Fundraiser! Between 11am and 9pm you can eat at four awesome eateries, Panda Express, Baja Fresh, YogurtLand, and East Coast Pizza! Feed the tastebuds of everyone in the family! (A SUPER AWESOME THANK YOU TO THE FAMILIES WHO VOLUNTEERED TO PASS OUT FLYERS THIS WEEKEND!)
- WEDNESDAY: March 8th we have an extraordinary Magic Show coming to dazzle the kids with fun and entertainment at 9am!
- THURSDAY/FRIDAY: March 9 and 10 is free dress!
- FRIDAY: March 10th will be SPCS hosting the Lenten Supper in the church hall. As a reminder, please bring in the food that you volnteered to donate on or before the 10th:
We are still needing: 3 boxes of Velveeta Shells & Cheese, Strawberries, Honey Dew Melon, Lettuce, and Cookies!
- Also, we will need at least 4-5 volunteers to help prep food Friday (3/10) morning. If you are needing hours, this is an awesome time to score some!
- SATURDAY: March 11th the church will be hosting a professional document shredding company to shred any and all documents from 8am-11am. This is the perfect time to go through your files, take out old tax papers, or whatever else you may have that needs to be shredded. All money raised from this will be going to their "Get on the Bus" event.
- Lastly, don't forget to turn in your Trike-a-thon t-shirt order form this week!
March 11 & 25
April 8 & 22
May 13& 27
June 10 & 24
New: Saturdays Catholic Mothers in Prayer
Here are some dates to mark in your calendar for CMIP. Saturday morning in the youth center is a perfect time for mom to get away and dive deeper in faith, and in connection to other mothers who share the same perils of life and family!